Beyond the North Winds: A Post Nuclear Reverie is a hybrid documentary about the decommissioning of a nuclear plant in Scotland. It traces the journey of man who disappeared while writing a report on the reactor. Concerned with landscape and time, myth and technology, the film explores the nature of ruins, and asks what environmental scars our generation will leave behind for the future.
Dir. Natalie Cubides-Brady - 24min - 2019 - UK
"the 16mm short is visually mesmerising, viewing the station as a thing of terror and beauty." - The Guardian
- Sundance London, Aug 2020
- Melbourne Documentary Film Festival, July 2020
- London Short Film Festival, Jan 2020
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, July 2019
- Visions du Reel, April 2019 (World Premiere)